Showcall is seeking highly qualified Broadcast Engineers in Charge to support all live and pre-recorded broadcasts from its facility located in MD/DC/VA. While you will be part of the Engineering and Operations, team, this is a hands-on role that requires the ability to independently determine methods and procedures for assignments. You will serve as the Engineer in Charge during your assigned shift and must also be proactive in identifying and executing new projects covering preventive maintenance and system/workflow upgrades. The ability to coordinate initiatives between Broadcast Engineering and Operations, IT, Post Production, and Management is essential.
Scope of Work:
• Support and execute live and prerecorded programming
• Ensuring all transmission equipment is calibrated and operating correctly for live event telecasts
• Conducting quality control of all incoming and outgoing feeds
• Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance as needed
• Documenting and correcting of all technical problems.
• Working with users and technical services team for the implementation, installing, and debugging of systems
• Providing routine preventive maintenance and repair
• Researching and recommendation of solutions to management
• Project design and coordination with outside contractors
• Developing Audio, Video and RF solutions and conceptual engineering design specifications
• Generating equipment lists, floor plans, and rack and console elevations, test plans and test systems
• Daily interaction and communication with engineering, technical, and production staff
• Ensuring compliance with company and FCC standards and guidelines.
• Participation in ad hoc projects with other departments including IT to improve workflow
For interested freelancers, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.